Monday, October 09, 2006

Austin Was Good

This is my last post from Austin. What a week it has been. I have learned much about the use of video, photography and other multi-media. I have studied our new Youth Culture in a five hour course, I learned how to program big events and to have a "Smashed-Mouthed" ministry aimed at boys and this morning I will learn how to set aside time for personal and corporate retreats. Along the way I have worshipped with some of the best young bands in the country, heard some great sermons and talks about relevant topics and laughed a lot with comedians and "Skit Guys". Wow, I am tired!

But what I will bring home with, in addition to the above, is that I feel called to be doing what I am exactly where I am doing it! Thank you for allowing me to serve in your life and your child's life. I can't promise I will implement all of the stuff I learned just the way it was taught, or if I will do all of it. But I can promise I will love you and your children andwill teach them that Jesus loved them so much he died for them.

You know, I guess I learned a lot in Austin. Thanks for allowing me to go. Signing off from Austin and until I see you again, be blessed.

1 comment:

tonymyles said...

Now begins the task of figuring out what to do with all those free frisbees and water bottles. :)